- tool kits
What We Support
Since 2003, donations to the Cultural Trust have generated more than $18 million in grants to more than 1,000 arts, heritage and humanities programs and 2,500 projects through the Cultural Coalitions that serve every county and federally recognized tribe in Oregon. The Trust's five statewide Cultural Partners have supported another 70 projects.
The Trust’s three grant programs enable broad and deep funding across the state. Of the more than $4.3 million raised annually, 58 percent goes into the permanent fund to foster its continued growth. The remaining 42 percent of the dollars raised, plus investment income from the permanent fund, is distributed through three grant programs:
These grants are 100% funded by Oregonians' participation in the Oregon Cultural Trust Tax Credit. How? Every Trust donor gives first to any of Oregon's 1,400 Participating Cultural Nonprofits, then they match that gift with a contribution to the Trust. Donors know that they can write off their Trust gift as a tax credit from the State of Oregon! Participating in the Trust tax credit provides direct benefit to the libraries, historical societies, youth art programs and preservation projects that are the heart of every community.